What to say about this wonderful kid? As is the tradition, here is my annual ode to Rhett. (At least with having two kids you can guarantee I'll have at least two posts a year.) Here's last year's if you're interested.
- School wise Rhett is still thriving but is getting more challenged with homework. Especially math. It doesn't seem to be his strongest subject. He just recently told us his favorite subjects are History and Geography. (Although, his actual words were Geographic. Ha.) He has loved learning about our past Presidents and memorized the oceans and continents like no other.
- He is becoming a great reader. He loves The Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. He hasn't quite gotten to the point where he'll just sit and read to himself though. We usually do alternate page reading with him. (I/Russ reads the left side, he reads the right.) It's a good system that works for him. I love this time with him.
- Rhett is a fan of all sports but he has really taken it up a notch with the Missouri Mavericks. He loves going to hockey games. If he wasn't so deathly afraid of learning to skate he would totally take up hockey as his sport of choice. He so wants to wear all the equipment.
- He continues to be a great big brother even if he enjoys his time away from Piper a little too much. He gets easily frustrated with her but I'm always amazed at how patient he can be with her too.
- Rhett's starting to develop his own style. He's starting to pick out what clothes he wants to wear everyday and is more opinionated about the clothes I pick out. He recently decided to get a faux-hawk haircut and endured the dreaded eye drops at his eye appointment knowing he would get a new pair of glasses he's been wanting.
- It seems that Rhett is starting to grow out of his seasonal allergy/asthma symptoms or at least the "issues" that we've had with them are becoming fewer and farther between. He is getting a little hardier in his old age which I'm thrilled about.
- After our trip to California last summer, Rhett decided that he loves San Diego and especially the beach. (Even though he can't swim and refuses to take lessons.) San Diego State University is now on his list of colleges he wants to go to. We aren't discouraging it.
- He is on the verge of needing more friend time (outside of school) then what he gets now. I'm not really a big fan of setting up play dates for my kids but I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just get over my anxiety. The boy needs to get his energy out and is craving kid time. I see sleepovers in our future. Help us all.
- He still likes me to scratch his back before he goes to sleep. I hope that never changes.
1 comment:
Love that boy!!
Post a Comment